COLD HARD NUMBERS
Leadership Initiatives changes lives. We train effective, self-reliant leaders. Our students learn vital leadership and project management skills by designing locally sustainable solutions to community problems. Each program they create brings new independence and vitality to countless individuals and the communities in which they live. Here are a just a few of the concrete numbers behind their successes.
Student Leaders in Training: 14
Projects: Fish Farming, Computer Literacy Program, Skills Acquisition
- 6 households are now directly supported by fish farming; 15 of their children are now able to attend school
- hundreds of Birshi residents no longer suffer vitamin B deficiencies and are visibly healthier because of the addition of fish to their diets
- 18 disabled individuals are now in business and serving the larger community while preparing to train 2-3 assistants each
- 80 BSADP staff members have received computer literacy training
- 15 primary and secondary school students have received computer literacy training that will enable them to further their educations
- 11 skills acquisition graduates are now solidly established in their new trades and seeking further education; as their businesses grow they are preparing to train and employ others
Student Leaders Trained: 24
Projects: leadership education & international outreach, fundraising
- $13,000 raised to rebuild Goreanhab school and to support ongoing AIDS and drug abuse prevention program in Windhoek, Namibia.
Student Leaders Trained: 33
Projects: business english literacy program, girl child education, drug rehabilitation program, youth job creation program, disabled persons job creation program, computer literacy training program
- more than 100 residents received english literacy training and internship placements which
- more than 80 blind students now receive outside care and resources in Maiduguri, Nigeria
- 50 prisoners received job training in Maiduguri, Nigeria
- 45 people successfully completed an innovative and extremely effective drug rehabilitation program
- 143 students received computer literacy training providing them with highly marketable skills
Student Leaders Trained: 17
Projects: mobile hospital serving isolated islands, college admissions assistance for rural youth
- 250 students gained a new library fully stocked with books in the Philippines
- 120 people received literacy training in the Philippines
Student Leaders Trained: 25
Projects: clothing drive for refugees; job skills training and placement for squatter camp residents; Goreanhab school renovation; AIDS and drug abuse prevention program
- 568 students benefited from a newly rebuilt school
- more than 400 Angolan civil war refugees received clothing which helped them survive the winter
- 350 students participated in an innovative and highly effective AIDS, drug abuse, and pregnancy prevention program
- more than 100 squatter camp residents learned marketable skills and obtained gainful employment
WHAT WE DO
We create honest, self-reliant leaders equipped to renew their communities from the ground up.
HOW WE DO IT
Our students learn vital leadership skills while designing & implementing locally sustainable development projects.
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT
We focus exclusively on outcomes that will continue growing and building with or without our continued presence and support.
WHO WE ARE
We are diverse, independent leaders dedicated to creating lasting change.
Our methods work: the stories, faces and numbers to prove it.